Qualifications & Registration
- Brewer, W. J. Wood, S.J., McGorry, P.D., Francey, S.M., Phillips, L.J., Yung, A.R., Anderson, V., Copolov, D.L., Singh, B., Velakoulis, D., Pantelis, C. Olfactory identification ability is impaired in individuals at ultra high-risk for psychosis who later develop schizophrenia. American Journal of Psychiatry (Manuscript in submission).
- Wood, S.J., Pantelis, C., Proffitt, T., Phillips, L., Stuart, G., Buchanan, J., Mahony, K., Brewer, W., Smith, D., McGorry, P. Spatial Working Memory Ability is a marker of Risk-for-psychosis. (Manuscript in Submission)
- Pantelis, C., Velakoulis, D., McGorry, P., Suckling, J., Wood, S.J., Phillips, L., Yung, A., Bullmore, E.T., Brewer, W. J., Soulsby, B., Desmond, P. & McGuire, P. (2002) Neuroanatomical abnormalities before and after the onset of psychosis: A cross sectional and longitudinal MRI comparison. Lancet, on line Dec 10, p1-8
- Phillips, L.J., Velakoulis, D., Pantelis, C., Yuen, H., Yung, A., Desmond, P., Brewer, W. J. & McGorry, P. (2002) Non-reduction in hippocampal volume is associated with higher risk of psychosis. Schizophrenia Research, 58, 145-58.
- Wood, S.J., Proffitt, T., Mahony, K., Smith, D., Buchanan, J., Brewer, W. J., Stuart, G., Velakoulis, D., McGorry, P. & Pantelis, C. (2002) Visuo-spatial memory and learning in first episode schizophreniform psychosis and chronic schizophrenia: A functional correlate of hippocampal pathology? Psychological Medicine, 32, p429-38.
- Brewer, W. J., Pantelis, C., Anderson, V., Velakoulis, D., Singh, B., Copolov, D. & McGorry, P. (2001) Stability of Olfactory identification deficits in neuroleptic-naïve patients with first-episode psychosis. American Journal of Psychiatry, 158, p107-115.
- Amminger, G.P. Edwards, J. Brewer, W. J., Harrigan, S. & McGorry, P. (2000) Duration of untreated psychosis and intellectual functioning in first-episode schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research,54, p223-230.
- Copolov, D., Velakoulis, D., McGorry, P., Mallard, C., Yung, A., Rees, S., Jackson, G., Rehn, A., Brewer, W. J. & Pantelis, C. (2000) Neurobiological findings in early phase schizophrenia. Brain Research Review, 31, p157-165.
- Barnett, R., Maruff, P., Purcell, R., Wainwright, K., Kyrios, M., Brewer, W. J. & Pantelis, C. (1999) Impairment of olfactory identification in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychological Medicine, 29, p1227-1233.
- O’Neill, M., Brewer, W. J., Thornley, C., Copolov, D., Warne, G., Sinclair, A., Forrest, S. & Williamson, R. (1998) The Kallmann’s syndrome gene (KAL-X) is not mutated in Schizophrenia. Am J of Medical Genetics, 88 p34-37.
- Rudd, R., Maruff, P., MacCuspie-Moore, C., Velakoulis, D., Brewer, W. J. & Pantelis, C. (1998) Stimulus relevance in eliciting utilisation behavior: Case study in a patient with a caudate lesion. Journal of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, 3 (4), p 287-298
- Smith, D., Roberts, S., Brewer, W. J. & Pantelis, C. (1998) The stability of the NART estimate of premorbid intelligence in patients with chronic schizophrenia. Journal of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, 3 (1), p. 71-80.
- Brewer, W. J., Edwards, J., Pantelis, C. & Anderson, V. (1996) Olfactory agnosia, hygiene and fronto-limbic system dysfunction: Neuropsychological subtypes in males with schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry 40, 1021-31.
- Pantelis, C. & Brewer, W. J. (1995). Neuropsychological and olfactory function in schizophrenia: Relationship of frontal syndromes to schizophrenia syndromes. Schizophrenia Research 17, p.35-45.
BOOK CHAPTERS/ENCYCLOPAEDIA ENTRIES:
- Pantelis, C., Brewer, W. J. & Maruff, P. (2001) Olfactory Cortex. Encyclopedia of Psychology & Neuroscience, (Eds: W.E. Craighead & C. Nemeroff, -3rd Edtn), p 1090-98, John Wiley & Sons.
- Pantelis, C. & Brewer, W. J. (1996) Fronto-striatal, limbic & association cortical networks: Neurocognitive and neurobehavioral patterns and the syndromes of schizophrenia. In C. Pantelis, H. Nelson, and T. Barnes (eds). Schizophrenia: A Neuropsychological perspective. John Wiley: UK.
2001-Effect of Substance Abuse on Psychosis. Dual diagnosis mental health drug and alcohol forum. Keynote speaker. Sage Hill Remote Area Health Initiative, Hamilton, Vic. August.
1999-Latest research and understanding of treatment of schizophrenia:
Address delivered to the Australian Association of Families for the Mentally Ill (AARAFMI). Hilton Hotel.
2002-Almonds & Seahorses: Role of emotion in the latest treatment and research in Schizophrenia. 5th Family and Carers of People with Mental Illness Conference, Melbourne, October
2002-Neuropsychology of Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Conference:
AUSMED Publications, Melbourne, Victoria. June.
Title: Co-ordinating clinical and research processes in a public mental health Service:Rehabilitation Workshop:
Date: August 2000
Auspice: Macquarie University- NSW
Title: Effects of atypical antipsychotics on cognition through the course of psychosis: Comprehensive cognitive assessment protocols
Auspice:THeMHS Conference- Adelaide
Title: Fronto-striatal functioning in psychosis: Effects of Atypical antipsychotics on cognition
Date: September 1999
Co-presenters:Professor Bernd Galhoffer
Auspice: XI World Congress on Psychiatry – Hamburg, Germany
Title: Effects of Atypical antipsychotics on cognition through the course of psychosis. Invited paper presented at Clozaril –“The Evidence”.
Date: September 1998
Co-presenters:Associate Professor Christos Pantelis
Australian Business Number #235 447 15662
Australian Psychological Society Membership # 16882
Psychologist’s Registration Board # 3720
Medibank Private Provider # 1027661k